Email marketing definition in it's broadest sense is a form of direct marketing, but sent via an email. Autoresponder Madness describes it in more detail but it's usually used to:
- Enhance a relationship with your current or previous customers, to encourage customer loyalty and repeat business.
- Acquire new customers or convince current customers to buy something immediately.
- Add advertisements to email messages sent by other people to their customers.
Email marketing is becoming more and more popular by the minute and for several reasons:
- You can track ROI effectively
- You can also reach higher numbers of clients than you would other marketing methods
- Nearly all people with internet will check their emails on a daily basis
Email marketing campaigns require very little effort (regards to time involvement) as opposed to the likes of Social Media Marketing or Article Marketing for example.
Autoresponder Madness shows you that with the right set of tools you can also track:
- Who opens your emails rather than delete them
- Who clicks on the links that are inside your email
- Which of your emails and or offers responds better – in real time
With that kind of information you can tailor your campaign to what your audience wants.
Trust = Customers
Email marketing is a great way to establish trust with either new subscribers or current customers.
Autoresponder Madness: Opt-in email marketing
Opt-in email marketing allows business owners to take away some of the hurdles when it comes to email marketing.
So what happens is a subscriber “asks” to opt-in to your list rather than just be sent emails they didn't wish to receive.
Also, a confirmation e-mail is sent to verify it is really them. This ensures that no person can subscribe someone else out of spite or error. Mail system administrators and non-spam mailing list operators refer to this as confirmed subscription or closed-loop opt-in.
Some marketers call closed loop opt-in “double opt-in“.
What's the difference between a “double opt-in” compared to a “single opt-in”?
A single opt-in is when someone enters their name and email address to receive emails from you. They don't need to take further action.
To find out more about email marketing please check out the Autoresponder Madness Bonus